"And as I looked out upon the wastelands of all that was once great, I knew in my heart that Superman lay dead and there were no more heroes."
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Hyper-Realism in the Fading Light (2012)
As I stand privy in the whisperings of the night air
breathing in the life that is the cool breeze
I am both hyper-aware and dual-present in both
internal and external existences of my mind.
Gazing upon the paradoxically still leaves in the
wind, plastic in their near photo-realism in the
half-light I bear witness to the concert of water
coming down in broken waves from the perpetual fountain.
What is it then, I ask myself and to the air around me
what is it that brings me here night after night,
time and again when surely all others sleep soundly?
In physical exhaustion I stand unwavering, increasingly
aware of the ever-turnings of the world beneath my feet.
And what of the stars above that my eyes strain now against
the parallel rows of illuminescant lamps, straining to make
out their imagined and duely named shapes, what of those
guiding lights that even now in the waking hours of the morning
I cannot see in the darkness? And you, dear darkness,
my friend and ally these many restless nights, what is it that
you would speak of to me, were I able to hear your too-oft
silent thoughts? Would you tell me the secrets of the world
of the travesties great and many you have seen? Or would
you dear darkness leave me, leave me alone as many have
left me alone before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment