Sunday, March 15, 2015

When Death Comes For Me (2015)

I shall fear no man no beast nor
ill, for death comes to every
each and all, and promises of
life again in grasses green and skies
of blue, lends me not to a fear of
death, nor begs alliance to any
being,
In truth I might stand to welcome death,
as one might surely greet a friend,
and beckon him in to visit a while
for surely he will be tired,
we'll talk of life, of love and loss,
and those who have come before,
and when my time has come I shall not
fight, and beg those loved not to mourn,
I have lived and loved and feared no man,
and with the devil oft I've danced;
I have talked with god and known his angels,
and seen the best in man's love for man,
so when death has come for me,
my dearest loves never mourn,
my body lies and fades away,
but it was never more than a vessel I wore.

No comments:

Post a Comment