Monday, April 9, 2012

I've Come Home (2012)


At Heaven's gate for what seems the twelth time,
and Lord knows I don't belong,
I'm a son come home far too soon.

Silent faces line the walls before me,
and the screams from hells fires are on my back;
Father can you hear me, another soldier home.

Mother hasn't heard I'm sure,
though I never told her before;
I can hear the organ playing now.

I'm a young man still, Father, yet already,
already I've come to talk to you again;
some people are lucky to find you in that hell,
I must be special, here to see you again,
and though I don't hear a sound, it's been the
sweetest music I've ever heard.

Father can you hear me, it's another son home from war,
I guess, this time I'm here to stay.
The fire showers are behind me, but I don't feel them,
and it's the best cold I've ever felt.

I can't turn back, though I don't suppose I would,
for some reason I think of home;
some reason, I don't feel alone anymore.

Someone tell my mom I'm sorry,
that project will just have to be,
the time has come,
I guess I've gotta knock a little harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment