"And as I looked out upon the wastelands of all that was once great, I knew in my heart that Superman lay dead and there were no more heroes."
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Linger (2012)
In the candle I see your light,
a flame, a flicker to keep me warm.
And though your presence here lingers,
time can't fade the chill, the ice
of your fingers caresses these
eternal scars.
Your voice whispers on the wind,
a tongue shrill echoes on the air,
calling to me over the silence,
if only to let me know you
are there.
And though your hand
rests on my shoulder, all the
time in the world couldn't bring
you back to me,
the morning dew brings the sun,
and its light grows ever colder.
This mirror is all that stands between,
broken shards of glass keeping you from
me, I reach and I touch, stains of red
on tears my only gift to you.
The snow came too early for us to see,
your winter meeting my spring.
On my knees I watched you leave,
face down in your chest the tears burned,
I hurt, and I couldn't feel a thing.
Darkness settles in, and
in the candle I see your light.
A flame, flickering to bring me warmth,
as cold brings in the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment