Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Born For Leavin' (2011)

Goodbye she said
Though I'd much rather you stayed,
But I know you hear it,
Even though I can't,
That open road is calling you home...

And I said

"Maybe one day I'll see you there
Somewhere in the stars above
But I wasn't born for anywhere
But that open road"

Goodbye she said,
You're a gypsy soul
In a world with no place for you,
Lord knows you're never gonna change,
Though I wish you would...

And I said

"Maybe one day I'll see you there
Somewhere in the stars above
But I wasn't born for anywhere
But that open road"

And I've been there before
A time or two or more
I'm a lover but a leaver
On the road again

And I'll say
"Maybe one day I'll see you there
Somewhere in the stars above
But I wasn't' born for anywhere
But that open road
Oh Lord knows,
I was born married
To that open road."




No comments:

Post a Comment