I turn my back,
My gaze long since gone,
My wings are strong--
But I will not fly,
You see,
The sky holds no glory,
The wind no thrill,
I clip my wings,
And fly no more.
I turn my back,
My eyes are clouded over,
My arms are strong--
But I will not fight,
You see,
The pain holds no glory,
The battle no thrill,
I lower my arms to my side,
And fight no more.
I turn my back,
My voice is now silent,
My legs are strong--
But I will not run,
You see,
The road holds no glory,
The mountain no thrill,
I drop my knees to the ground,
And run no more.
I turn my back,
My eyes are now closed tight,
My heart is strong--
But I will not love,
You see,
I loved and lost and loved again,
I lost it all and loved some more,
I lost my love,
I lost my vision,
Fade to black,
To black and--
Love I let go.
No comments:
Post a Comment