Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Milady, I Am The Beast (2011)

I am a sinner among saints, a beast in recluse,
Forever bound to these unkind halls,
This accursed labyrinth of my mind!

I've watched the world from my tinted window,
And seen it as the angels must see,
But the grounds of my castle... are as far as I dare go.

I long for music, and I long for art!
I long for trust, and I long for love...
I long for these and more, but my face forbids me all...

Oh dark, my friend and only companion,
How well you've kept me all these years...
The world has never seen my pain,
And my tears it has never heard,
But still... Still it has buried the blade in my soul!

I've felt the pain of cold, the tears of loneliness...
I've longed for warmth that only a woman can bring...
Somewhere in the world my rose surely stands,
But can I ever see beyond the walls that now confine me?

No comments:

Post a Comment