Truths given from inception,
Taken for granted,
And relied upon.
As a child young,
I took these words,
And built my world on them.
Never thought to second guess,
A need never arose.
In my eyes you were a god,
You were my home,
You were my home.
First teachers always fabricate reality for children to make it interesting. Good thing I questioned my Bible class as a kid, otherwise I might still be warped into the believe that a man and a women repopulated the entire Earth on their own.
ReplyDeleteNow I am questioned, is this a sex teacher? Did someone teach you bondage and master and servant?
Good job with your poetry. I like that I could think of this in two ways rather than just one. Which I think poetry should do. Should give many interpretations including the original.
Interesting interpretations. Very different from the concept I had in mind for this one. For the sake of provoking thought, I will tell you that the original concept was that of a mother, and impart you with a quote.
ReplyDelete"Mother is God in the eyes of a child."